X-Rings are four-lipped sealing elements in ring form with a special square profile.
X-Rings have two dimensions: internal diameter and cross section.
It’s a variation in the shape of the O-Ring; the X-Rings have, in fact, an “X” section.
It’s one of the simplest and most versatile type of seal, with a wide range of applications for both dynamic and static sealing.
It’s inserted in specific grooves and be compressed during the assembling process of two or more parts, making therefore a sealing gasket.
X-Rings are used both in dynamic and static applications and they can be used in several technical applications.
However their field of use is limited by the respective pressure, speed and range of temperature.
As far as pressure is concerned, you have to take into consideration.
– up to 5 MPa (50 bar) without back-up ring
– up to 30 MPa (300 bar) with back-up ring
– up to 2 MPa (20 bar) without back-up ring
– up to 15 MPa (150 bar) with back-up ring
The same applies to speed:
– Linear stroke movement: up to 0,5 m/s
– Rotational movement: up to 1,0 m/s
As regards temperature -depending on the materialthe following applies:
– standard material from -30 °C to +110 ° with linear stroke movements
– standard material from -30 °C to +80° with rotational movements
– special material from -60° to +200°C